VISION House Sussex: The Nitty Gritty
In this video, Tim O’Brien, builder of the VISION House Sussex, talks about the product selection and construction processes that enabled him to create a special home that is both sustainable and attainable for the average American family.
Have you been wondering about our newly completed VISION House Sussex? Look no further. This video explores the project goals, products and systems that make this project unique.
In this video, Tim O’Brien, President of Tim O’Brien Homes, articulates what makes this home stand apart from others. As a builder, Tim O’Brien Homes is dedicated to providing high-performance, energy-efficient housing in the greater Milwaukee and Madison, WI markets.
The VISION House Sussex beautifully showcases to builders and consumers alike how to optimize performance, sustainability, health and wellness, intelligence and resiliency at an attainable price point.
“We wanted this project to be a template that other builders could follow, so we focussed on containing costs while increasing the value of green building and energy efficiency for the buyer, which ultimately reduces the total cost of homeownership,” O’Brien explains.
“This project has been so special to us as a home builder because we get to work with high performance manufacturers and their products,” O’Brien notes.
All of the products selected work seamlessly together to create a healthy, durable, and efficient home.
The stand-out products include:
- Heat pump technology from Carrier.
- Fiber cement siding from James Hardie.
- Solar panels and battery storage from JinkoSolar.
- Low-flow plumbing fixtures and sinks from Kohler.
- Insulated garage door from Windsor Door.
- Camera-equipped garage door opener from LiftMaster.
- Sustainably sourced wood flooring and carpet from Mohawk.
- Tile flooring, backsplash, countertops, and walls from Daltile.
- Closet systems from Organized Living
- Water management and leak detection system from Phyn.
“It’s been a wonderful journey,” O’Brien says. “We have learned a lot and built some long-lasting relationships with innovative and sustainable vendors, which we look forward to sustaining long into the future.”
Watch the video and check out the VISION House Sussex website to learn more!