We Repeat ... Housing Disruption Is Here
This isn’t gloom and doom. It’s an invitation to rise to the top of the home building industry during times of intense change.
“Disruption happens to all industries. Usually there are two contributing factors: One that necessitates change and another that propels it,” says renowned architect and building science expert Sam Rashkin in the prologue of his new book, A Builder Guide to Surviving Disruption.
The purpose of Rashkin’s new book is to offer builders step-by-step guidance on how to rethink their home building practices in a post-pandemic housing market. He calls the industry’s current state of affairs a three-for-one “deal”:
- Global pandemic with runaway Covid-19
- Global recession with U.S. unemployment levels exceeding the Great Depression
- Global social justice uprising
In this tough environment sits you, the home building professional. How do you provide the ultimate consumer product—a house—and make money doing it? The answer is, you join with the greatest minds by enrolling in the building industry in the brand-new Housing 2.0 program under the tutelage of Rashkin.
Housing 2.0 offers one-on-one help for your building business. It works in 5 steps:
- Sign up for the Housing 2.0 Program, a flexible year-long, wide-ranging engagement and education program dedicated to optimizing the housing sector.
- Participate in a five-part workshop series hosted by Rashkin and based on tenets of his book, which you will receive as part of the course.
- Take six online courses taught by industry influencers and subject matter experts that expand on the Housing 2.0 fundamentals, including information on disruption, demystifying zero, healthy homes, new technologies, biophilic design, and case studies.
- Take advantage of proprietary market intelligence—information tailored specifically for Housing 2.0 participants, including building science best practices, cutting-edge product information, and insights into market trends, innovations that are transforming markets, and consumer behavior and purchasing patterns.
- Get membership in an action group. This benefit is priceless. It enables you to participate in small, collaborative builder groups that meet quarterly for one year to optimize the Housing 2.0 framework. Discuss your progress on a project, get input and help from other builders, network, and get motivated and inspired to create a lucrative niche in the white space created by disruption.
This program is perfect for anyone in the home building industry—CEOs who want to strategize new directions for their business, niche and production builders who want to offer a new product or serve a new demographic. Or how about access to this program as the ultimate perk to attract new hires or to reward stand-out employees? For as Benjamin Franklin once said: “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.”
“We’re so excited about the Housing 2.0 program—it’s going to be transformational for the housing sector,” says Sara Gutterman, CEO of Green Builder Media. “We developed an exceptional educational curriculum with Sam that will help building professionals design and construct higher performance, healthier, more sustainable homes at a lower cost. Some of the industry’s most innovative builders have already signed up to participate.”
Action groups are forming now. Join today!
To learn more about the program, including detailed course information, visit the Housing 2.0 website or contact Sara Gutterman. You can also sign up for Green Builder Media’s free weekly e-newsletter for Housing 2.0 updates.