Let’s face it—not all events are created equal. Green Builder Media’s upcoming Sustainability Symposium 2018: Champions of Change, co-hosted with Mayor Dyer and the City of Orlando on January 8, promises to be one of the most important and inspiring engagements of the year. If you truly care about a sustainable future and want to participate in the development of strategies for the transition to a zero carbon economy, this is a can’t-miss opportunity.
Green Builder Media has enjoyed the privilege of planning and hosting numerous events over the past decade. We always endeavor to create compelling thought leadership summits that expand the mind and arouse the soul.
Our Sustainability Symposium 2018: Champions of Change promises to be our most meaningful event yet, brimming with an undeniable lineup of true visionaries who are facilitating leading-edge projects and affecting tangible change.
In conjunction with the City of Orlando and Mayor Dyer, Green Builder Media will host the Sustainability Symposium 2018: Champions of Change on January 8, 2018 at the University of Central Florida campus in Orlando, Florida.
The Symposium has been designed to shatter the status quo in favor of disruption and innovation, directly and honestly confronting the reality of climate change—the challenge of our generation, and the opportunity of a lifetime.
Attendees will learn from and interact with internationally celebrated leaders as they share essential insights about smart cities, renewable energy, advanced technologies, intelligent water, and sustainable design.
The Symposium’s genuine Champions of Change keynote presenters include:
- Paul Hawken—considered to be one of the fathers of the sustainability movement, Hawken’s most recent book, Drawdown, offers a comprehensive plan for reversing global warming with specific solutions for tackling climate change.
- Jeremy Rifkin—economist, futurist, and author of The Zero Marginal Cost Society and The Third Industrial Revolution, Rifkin is working with leaders in the U.S., European Union, and China to implement smart city initiatives.
- Governor Martin O’Malley—former Mayor of Baltimore and Governor of Maryland, O’Malley will unveil his plan to take the country to 100% renewable by 2030.
- Buddy Dyer—Mayor of Orlando, Dyer is leading the city to become one of the nation’s fastest-growing metropolitan areas focused on inclusiveness, opportunity and quality of life, with a strong focus on enabling technologies, renewable energy, clean transportation, and sustainability.
- Laura Turner Seydel—media mogul Ted Turner’s daughter, Seydel is implementing intelligent water, clean mobility, and zero waste initiatives with the City of Atlanta.
Inspirational, short format sessions highlighting Market Disruption and Enabling Innovation will augment the keynote presentations, including:
- Disruptive Technologies for Smart Cities, Mike Hess, VP Smart Cities, Panasonic
- Disruptive Strategies for the Evolving Housing Market, CR Herro, VP Innovation and Environmental Affairs, Meritage Homes
- Unlocking the Potential of Intelligent Water, Dena Mayne, VP Marketing and Customer Experience, Uponor North America
- Improving Quality of Life through Innovative Technology and Design, Terry Beaubois, Architect and Guest Lecturer at Stanford University
- Innovative Financing Solutions for Resilient Building, Samantha Medlock, Former White House Resiliency Advisor and Senior Vice President Capital, Science & Policy, Willis Towers Watson
- Zero Energy Ready Design Strategies, Mark Stimson, Builder Channel, Bosch Thermotechnology Corporation
We invite you to join us for the Symposium, as we devise concrete plans, specific strategies, and real solutions that will navigate the path to a better world.
Click here to register. Space is limited, to be sure to reserve your seat today!
Want to learn more about attending or sponsoring the Sustainability Symposium 2018: Champions of Change? Write to me at email@example.com.
Want to read more? Follow me on Twitter and Facebook. For more information about green building and sustainable living, visit Green Builder Media at www.greenbuildermedia.com, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter for regular updates and breaking news.