Contest Launches: Explain RESNET Standards In a Video to Win
This video contest will result in a collection of resources that can be used by the building industry.
RESNET’s second annual Video Competition is accepting video entrants until October 31.
The goal of the program, now in its second year, is to create a video content repository that helps explain the RESNET standards. Videos will be judges by a panel of subject mater experts and winners will be linked directly to the RESNET Standards Website for industry-wide use.
The topics this year include:
- Day in the life of a HERS rater.
- Why you should get your home HERS rated
- Procedure for mechanical ventilation testing
- Single-family airtightness testing procedures
- Duct leakage testing procedures
- How to conduct a rough inspection of a single-family dwelling
- Blown or sprayed fibrous loose fill insulation grading
Here’s an example of a video that won in last year’s competition. Created by The EnergySmart Institute, it explains how to prepare a home for air tightness diagnostic testing.